• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Success with LDN?

I just started LDN for a non-Crohn's inflammatory condition, and was surprised to read that this might also be an effective treatment for Crohn's. I started on 1.5 mg and will gradually work up to 4.5 mg within 3 weeks. I have some questions for those of you who have tried LDN.

1) How long does it generally take before you start to see the effects of it?
2) Do you continue to take other Crohn's meds along with it? (right now I'm on Remicade and Azathioprine)
3) Does it really work for Crohn's? It sounds too good to be true.

I have been reading through some past threads about LDN, and am kind of surprised there isn't more chat about it. I just wanted to get a more current discussion going. I'd love to hear success stories, as well as any stories about times it didn't work.

I've had Crohn's for about 40 years, have tried and discussed lots of different meds, but LDN had never come up for me before.

Last edited: