• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sucky 6 months!!

Remicade stopped working a while ago, so my doc put me on humira, I had high hopes of it working, but of course it didn't, just my luck :/ all it did was give me excruciating headaches, abscess where I injected, and i've had about 5 recurring fistulas, so my doc finally did another colonoscopy to find more inflammation and 5 ulcers, in the mean time I got to see an idiot doctor that tried to tell me my pain was probably from ibs not the crohns and the abscesses were likely from shaving, funny how they appeared at the injection sites!! I really do hate dumb ass doctors! At 36 I'm pretty sure I know my own body and how it act's when I'm in a flare up! Well at least my colonoscopy will show him something more is going on!
By the way my doc put me on entocort till they decide what other medication he wants to put me on, after 2 days I got really bad tingling in my left hand and I got so dizzy it felt like the room was spinning, so I stopped the entocort for a couple of days and those symptoms haven't come back, has anyone else had problems using entocort? I do have a pin in my elbow from a bad fall about 12 years ago, so not sure if it's related to the medicine or not

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Sounds like a bit of a rough time...incompetent doctors are the absolute worst. Is that idiot doctor your regular GI?

The only problem I had with entocort was that it gave me the worst gas and gas pains of my life and it didn't kick in fast enough to fix my flare. So I got off of it after one week. A lot of money down the drain for a bottle of pills I only got to use 7 days with no luck.

I was having joint pains around the time I was on entocort too in the area where I had hip surgery as a kid (there's a pin in my hip) but my GI just thinks it was due to the flare worsening and not the medication. Yes I was flaring badly but I'm still not entirely convinced the joint pain came from the flare as it has never been an issue before for me except for when I was weaning off of steroids. But at least it has stopped so far since being taken off of entocort and put back on prednisone.

Fortunately the doc isn't my regular GI doc, he's actually in training, really hope I don't have to see him again! I'm actually thinking about asking my doc to put me back on prednisone, I'd rather feel psycho than have all the problems I've had with this one!

annawato

Staff member
Idiotic doctors do my head in. Why on earth would the pain be from IBS when you have crohn's! is he one day out of Uni or has he just started doing medicine? :)
Hopefully your regular GI is back soon.
Its so long ago that i tried enocort that I cna't help you with that query, just wanted to show my support for you.