• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Supplements

Hey Ive been taking Fiber (Metamucial) but im still really C, anyone else try this. I have laso been taking flax seeds grinded to help with the inflammation and today I just started Glutamine to help heal the mucosa lining of the intestine. Did any of these help others?

I have not had the C problem, but I know that larger doses of Magnesium Oxide can help. Since we need lots of Mg for bone strength, it can't hurt any.

Epsom salts are one form, but there are tablets etc.

Dan

Hello, nice to meet you. C is an issue for myself, I use Milk of Magnesia (right on Dan) for worse days, and miralax for less worse days as it is more mild, on me anyways. Sometimes I have to use both, MilkoMag at night and miralax in the morning. Both increase my pain level unfortunately, makes sense though I guess.
Often it will take a few days to work, which sucks to wait for, but well worth it! LOL
Metamucil never worked for me, much too mild. Good luck!