• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgeries and Hospital stays

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hey guys. I know that I'm not a mom. But, this is someone very close to me. I don't think she has IBD. But, just thought you guys might be interested on what I've been keeping track of and praying for lately.

Some close friends of mine had a little one in November 2012. She spent her first year in the hospital with multiple surgeries. Finally they got her taken care of and they even were able to give her a belly button. She did well for awhile and we were hoping that was the end of it.

But, on Sunday Kiran was really complaining about her tummy and they took her into the ER. At that time, they admitted her and found out she had a bowel obstruction. She had surgery for it yesterday and right now is having trouble with pain. But, for the first time she asked for some milk.

Her parents have been posting for us on FB a couple times a day and this is the last I know probably till tomorrow.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Here's the updates for today! Sounds like things are getting better!

So this morning Kiran has continued to improve. She asked to get out of bed and let me hold her a bit. She had said she was stuck. And she even did a little painting. The color of the fluid from NG tube is looking promising. Hopefully tomorrow we will be in a position where she will be able to start moving and playing.

Evening update: lots of great progress today. Not only has Kiran sat up several times but even once she sat up doing most the work herself. Her wean from narcotics is going well. With that wean her need for supplemental oxygen is gone. Her heart rate is returning to normal levels. She is starting to communicate more and even tells the clinician the preferred locations for her vitals.

So this morning Kiran has continued to improve. She asked to get out of bed and let me hold her a bit. She had said she was stuck. And she even did a little painting. The color of the fluid from NG tube is looking promising. Hopefully tomorrow we will be in a position where she will be able to start moving and playing.

Evening update: lots of great progress today. Not only has Kiran sat up several times but even once she sat up doing most the work herself. Her wean from narcotics is going well. With that wean her need for supplemental oxygen is gone. Her heart rate is returning to normal levels. She is starting to communicate more and even tells the clinician the preferred locations for her vitals.
That is great.

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together

Wonderful news! Go Kiran!

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Forgot to mention. Little Kiran went home on the 28th!!! The good thing from the pictures I saw is that you can't tell she was ever sick. Thought you guys would love to know....