• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery 1 month ago-crazy hot/cold chills ALL day?

Hi All,

So, I just had a bowel rection for my crohn's disease (this is my second) January 14th. Just finished up a round of Cipro for a UTI and I am experiencing the most extreme hot/cold flashes all day. I will literally be sitting with a blanket on, sweating, with an ice pack on my neck-with no relief. I've also had low grade fevers ranging from 99-101.2. I had CTScan of the operated on area today -and there only seems to be inflamation of where the Crohn's Disease was removed. Does that mean it came back THAT quickly? I don't know. I will talk to to my surgeon tomorrow.

My real question is-since all the "ER" doctor's said was to take tylenol. That isn't helping. Nothing is. Has anyone else every experience this and what happened? What did you use to help you??

Thanks so much for any response. :ysmile:

xoxo taylorali
disgnosed jan '10 with CD

I ate lots of popsycles and used a heating pad at the same time. Your doctor should be able to give you something stronger for the feaver. Good luck.