• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery and cholesterol?

I know I keep bringing this up but I'm very confused as to what to do. Does anyone else have problems with low cholesterol? I had my terminal ilieum removed and now my cholesterol just keeps going down no matter how much healthy fat I eat :( Where else does fat get absorbed? And, perhaps I need to be on some meds for my crohn's. I'm not on any meds because it looks I'm in remission. On the otherhand, my stomach is so messed up I don't break down food because of gastritis.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Wow. That is great. I was taking 2,000mg a day but it only increased my D to 43? What? Crazy. Seems like I need to take even more. Thanks for the tip!:ybiggrin:

Did you know...

True carnivores do not get clogged arteries? True carnivores like lions, tigers, sharks, etc.
It’s because their intestines were designed by nature to process cholesterol fast so it exits their body quickly.
What is the number one killer of meat and dairy eating people in developed countries?
Heart disease.

Interesting, huh?

Yeah very interesting. I guess nobody has this problem and it is a problem because too low can actually be just as bad as too high cholesterol from what I read.

Thanks for all your responses!