• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery DATE

Finally have my surgery date, after almost of year of hell...April 9th. WOO HOO! Such a load off my mind to have a date, so I can start to move on with my life...I am having a TI Resection (severe stricture and multiple abscesses) and removal of appendix..I was also just diagnosed with two cysts on my ovaries and a distended fallopian tube. Had a CT scan 4 or 5 weeks ago, and my GI told me things were "a mess"...been on Entacort and antibiotics for the last year off and on. Wish me luck.:canada_flag:

Wishing you loads of luck - looks like they are sorting things out in one big clean sweep - Only 4 weeks to go - let us know how you get on! Will be thinking of you. HUGS JenX

nogutsnoglory

One big sweep of your intestines. I wish you success and post-op health!

The nice thing about having the appendix removed is not worrying about appendicitis. I always had pain there due to Crohn's but didn't know if it was the disease or appendicitis.

afidz

Super Moderator
Susan I wish you all the best. I am up for surgery on March 25th (although its not a resection, but still abdominal) and all I can think of is post op, how much better I am going to feel.
I look forward to hearing of your success.
(I moved your thread to surgery, I think it will get more support here, hope you don't mind)

Susan I wish you all the best. I am up for surgery on March 25th (although its not a resection, but still abdominal) and all I can think of is post op, how much better I am going to feel.
I look forward to hearing of your success.
(I moved your thread to surgery, I think it will get more support here, hope you don't mind)
Thank you for the well wishes! I am hoping for good pain meds..and nice nurses...I don't mind at all that you moved my thread...ALL THE BEST to you in your recovery as well. :thumright:

Yup - no appendix, no appendicitis!

I would thoroughly recommend that you get your medical team to properly monitor your bloods after surgery. Depending on the type of resection, you can lose the ability to absorb certain essential nutrients/vitamins - namely B12, D and iron.

Keep us up to date with your surgery - and best of luck!