• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery moved up

Thankfully they were able to squeeze me in for this coming Tuesday. I had been scheduled for March 4, there was no way I was going to be able to last that long. I have been fading fast. Tons of pain and the past couple days I stopped eating. Now at 5'7" I'm down to 101lbs. I'll be getting a resection of the splenic flexure and part of the descending colon. I'll have a temporary ileostomy for a few months. Of course I'm scared of the procedure, complications, whether I will flare afterwards...so many uncertainties. The only thing I know now is this stricture is killing me and has to go.

fuzzy butterfly

So glad you have been able to get it done sooner. Hope all goes smoothly,im sure it will. Then you should begin to feel much better. Let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it. Best wishes n good luck. 💕

Thanks everyone! I think I passed a partial obstruction. The gut wrenching pain has subsided so I can finally eat! Need to put on some weight before surgery. Only have a couple days so I think I am going to make a batch of shortbread cookies and eat the whole thing! :)

Thanks everyone! I think I passed a partial obstruction. The gut wrenching pain has subsided so I can finally eat! Need to put on some weight before surgery. Only have a couple days so I think I am going to make a batch of shortbread cookies and eat the whole thing! :)
Good luck this Tuesday. Glad to here they moved your surgery up. I'm headed in this Thursday for my hemicolectomy.

Thanks Matt, good luck with your surgery as well, I hope it's smooth sailing! Now I am just scrambling to get things in order before the date. Does anyone have any advice for specific things they wished they would have brought to the hospital? Or had at home once they got back from surgery?