• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery next week

Went to the colorectal surgeon today. Having surgery next Friday. Finally, they are going to take the razor blades out of my butt. They have been filling me up with antibiotics for 2 months with no avail. Looking forward to getting this done.

Some pain. Dizzy from the meds. Weird to have gause hanging out of my butt. He give me some kinda shot in the muscle that will help the m pain for a few days. Belly is cramping bad due to not taking meds.

Thank yall for the concern. Hopefully will feel somewhat better tomorrow after these pain meds wear off.

Some pain. Dizzy from the meds. Weird to have gause hanging out of my butt. He give me some kinda shot in the muscle that will help the m pain for a few days. Belly is cramping bad due to not taking meds.

Thank yall for the concern. Hopefully will feel somewhat better tomorrow after these pain meds wear off.
You feel better when pain meds wear off?! If the dizziness or other side effects are a problem, ask to try changing to different pain meds rather than stopping if you still have pain. There are usually various options available. Don't put up with pain unnecessarily.

It was the meds the hospital give me. 2 shots of dilaudid, 1 of hydrocodon, 2 shots for nausea. Felt somewhat better until a BM. Now im in pain again. Feel like my guts are hanging out.