• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery...now trying to recoup!

So I had surgery on Thursday for the hemorrhoids (internal and external)and the fissures were worse than expected - repaired those and removed tags externally...hubby says I can now say I had plastic surgery on my rumpkus (hehehe...). I had a bad reaction to the anestheia once again and instead of it being an outpatient surgery, I was admitted for two days. They had to use narcan once again to reverse the meds to dull the pain. Was thankful for the nerve block. Still having low blood pressure issues but can't go without the meds for pain either. Just trying to stretch it out and not take it as often as prescribed. So glad to have the surgery behind me, but the recoup has been kinda rough. I still hope to go back to work on Wednesday, but I am pretty sure I won't get released for that. He says three weeks. Afraid to eat, terrified to poo. Waitng to get scope results back to see what else we are looking at.

Don't rush back too early. Give yourself a chance to rest a little. As a veteran of 6 abdominal surgery, don't be afraid of eating and the bowel movements. Follow your doctor's advice on when and what to eat and as I would gather you are already aware that the first couple movements can hurt and bleed. Still, the sooner your body is in its old routine again, the sooner you will feel better.

Shamrock, yeah so many surgeries here as well. Following his orders. and trying today to really back off the pain meds. I barely am aware of the last four days and I hate that feeling. The minimlly doing anything, no lifting or doing manual work part, is so difficult (other than walking around). Eating is still hard...just the mindest of knowing it is truly painful. Getting there, a day at a time...