• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surviving the work day

The last few months have been a bathroom blur and getting through the day is not easy and sometimes despite trying to tough it out I get sent home since I look as crappy as I feel.

Now I no longer work with patients since I would be in the restroom a lot and not have them ready for the doctor which messed up the schedule or could not draw blood due to urgent run to bathroom or nausea made it impossible. Now i am up front at computer and my tush hurts sooo bad sitting. I walk around, stand up for periods of time, sit on leg, brought pillow, use preperation H, wipes but can not be comfrotable for the day

Wondering what tricks some of you have mastered to endure the tush/bum discomfort if you have to sit during the day. I've given up on fatigue battle.

Sounds terrible :(
I have not had the tushy pains that you have had, sorry I can't help. I just want to send positive vibes your way in hopes that you can find a way to make the work day more bearable :hug:

I actually bring a heating pad to work and sit on it now. It is delightful. No one has asked me why I have it, I think they assume it is for my back. Hope you find something that helps.

tush pain is new to me so kind of throwing me off a bit.

Sailorluns--heating pad -great idea i actually saw a new kind at drug store yesterday round so would be great for work chair-thanks!!