• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

suspected crohns ( Upper gastrointestinal or Gastroparesis ibs )

Sincerely apologize if my english is not so well.
Im from middle east

my Symptoms started 9 months ago
At the beginning I just had a constipation & a mild pain around my duodenum!

After visiting doctor a huge flare up started once I started his meds!
ppi , metronidazole & another antibiotic

i wasnt able to eat anything for 10-15 days my
Stomach inflammed & obvious swelling even from outsite, heavy presure under my chest , upper gi pain , trapped gas , Heartburn , night reflux , still constipation , pain & cramp on my colon & starting to loss weight

Stopped those medicines then moved to herbals & started to change my lifestyle

Only boiled foods with least cooking oil
Only used olive oil
boiled fruits
Natural honey

chamomile
Ginger
Plantago major with mint
Peppermint
Cinnamon
Fennel flower

+ probiotics & multivitamins
+ 2 weeks using oregano oil + garlic extract

after 6-7 month using above Instructions almost 90% of symptoms are gone

BuT afew symptoms remained with me:
All the problems start after eating! & majority in upper gi
Fullness 20-30 after Eating that makes me crazy! It seems my food takes so much time to pass through small intestine + feeling sick & mild pain in my belly mostly in upper gi & occasionally mild pain in lower right + constipation
Still losing weight, but it was 5kg in 9 month

had 2 full blood test + stool test + celiac & h pilory test + full Ultrasonography withing 9 month
All was clean. Calprotectin normal , no inflammation in blood or stool , no blood in stool and ....

Still refused to doin colonoscopy and upper endoscopy

Now i just need your opinions

is it crohn ?
Is it obstruction in my small gut ?
Gasteroparesis ?

Im just scared :(

Last edited:

my little penguin

Staff member
You would need to have an upper and lower endoscopy to determine if it’s crohns or something else going on .

Gastroparesis can’t be determine unless you have a gastric emptying test .

have you seen a gastroenterologist (Gi)?

You would need to have an upper and lower endoscopy to determine if it’s crohns or something else going on .

Gastroparesis can’t be determine unless you have a gastric emptying test .

have you seen a gastroenterologist (Gi)?
Thank you

Yes seen 3 gastroenterologist
1 said its ibs
2nd & 3rd said it might be ibs or a mild inflammation but both asked for colonoscopy + endoscopy

Does “gastric emptying test” show small intestine problems?
Or only stomach emptying rate ?

My main problem is in my small intestine 🙁

my little penguin

Staff member
Is there a reason you didn’t get a upper endoscopy and colonoscopy when two separate Gi requested it. ???
Ds was dx at age 7
And is now 16
He has had 8 or 9 scopes so far
Outside of doing the clean out there really isn’t much too them
Under an hour and they have answers

gastric emptying or gastroparesis is the time it takes for the stomach to empty into the small intestines for a known meal

Is there a reason you didn’t get a upper endoscopy and colonoscopy when two separate Gi requested it. ???
Ds was dx at age 7
And is now 16
He has had 8 or 9 scopes so far
Outside of doing the clean out there really isn’t much too them
Under an hour and they have answers

gastric emptying or gastroparesis is the time it takes for the stomach to empty into the small intestines for a known meal
Yes just afraid of corona 🙁

So its not gastroparesis because i dont feel heavy into my stomach & emptying to small intestines is fast
But food slow down in my small gut
Still losing weight, 5kg in 9 month
i will go for both upper & down cam
Will update this topic next week

Last edited:
You should get the proper testing done. You'll never know for sure what you are dealing with unless you do. Hopsitals shold have strict measures in place so you shouldn't be afraid of getting COVID-19. The virus might be around for awhile longer and you shouldn't risk your body getting worse. Losing 5 kg in 9 months is actually a lot of weight loss, especially if it is continuing.

Good luck.

Sincerely apologize if my english is not so well.
Im from middle east

my Symptoms started 9 months ago
At the beginning I just had a constipation & a mild pain around my duodenum!

After visiting doctor a huge flare up started once I started his meds!
ppi , metronidazole & another antibiotic

i wasnt able to eat anything for 10-15 days my
Stomach inflammed & obvious swelling even from outsite, heavy presure under my chest , upper gi pain , trapped gas , Heartburn , night reflux , still constipation , pain & cramp on my colon & starting to loss weight

Stopped those medicines then moved to herbals & started to change my lifestyle

Only boiled foods with least cooking oil
Only used olive oil
boiled fruits
Natural honey

chamomile
Ginger
Plantago major with mint
Peppermint
Cinnamon
Fennel flower

+ probiotics & multivitamins
+ 2 weeks using oregano oil + garlic extract

after 6-7 month using above Instructions almost 90% of symptoms are gone

BuT afew symptoms remained with me:
All the problems start after eating! & majority in upper gi
Fullness 20-30 after Eating that makes me crazy! It seems my food takes so much time to pass through small intestine + feeling sick & mild pain in my belly mostly in upper gi & occasionally mild pain in lower right + constipation
Still losing weight, but it was 5kg in 9 month

had 2 full blood test + stool test + celiac & h pilory test + full Ultrasonography withing 9 month
All was clean. Calprotectin normal , no inflammation in blood or stool , no blood in stool and ....

Still refused to doin colonoscopy and upper endoscopy

Now i just need your opinions

is it crohn ?
Is it obstruction in my small gut ?
Gasteroparesis ?

Im just scared :(
Crohns can or atleast used to little difficult to dianose because ther eare so so many thing that SOUND just the same,, the RIGHT test [in the NAVY hospital 5 month before they found I had crohns] be patient you could just need a daily laxative[ so many things]] Make sure you keep seeing the doctors even if they cant find something the more you complain the more they [should] hekp you by new test ect....