• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Suspected ibd yet crp,Fbc, esr and stool sample normal?? What is wrong with me?

Hi me again! Iv been having abdo pain for 6 weeks along with dioreah at the start and lower abdo pain, mucous (orange/brown colour) yak! Recently their is no dioreah but pain an urgency when I eat still mucous and abdo pain but also lower back pain and joint pain (hip mostly and knees) I am diagnosed coeliac and have been strict gf for 3 years so I'm do sick of it being blamed on that! I'm barely eating. I'm living off ceral and plain salads at the moment. I constantly have a raw feeling in my stomach. My dr suggested ibd and I'm awaiting colonoscopy. My bloods were all ok (crp and esr) and no infection as stool sample just came bk today ok too. Could this be ibd with all these norms? I'm soooo confused.
Thanks

Is their anyone else out their with normal bloods and stool ect. How can my stool come back as normal when it was full of mucous!!! I feel like the drs think I'm fabricating and I'm fed up :(

Hello
Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. With the stool sample it depends what it was tested for if it was just sent to microbiology and they just looked for some kind of infection it wouldn't have flagged up for Ibd, but sometimes they will right on lab notes comments about the sample so if it had a lot of mucous they may have put that. I have read many times on this forum of people having perfectly normal bloods and still being diagnosed with IBD. Colonoscopy is going to be the best way for them to see what is going on and take some biopsies to find out if it is Ibd.
Hope you get answers from the Dr's soon x

SarahBear

Hi, Nursemel!

It is possible to have normal bloods and still have IBD, as KayleighMeek said. The colonoscopy is the best way to determine things for certain, so hopefully that will clear things up. Do they have it scheduled yet?

Have you tried a food journal? It might help you better pinpoint what foods are aggravating your stomach. I notice that you say you're eating a lot of salads. Raw vegetables are a pretty common trigger food with IBD. That doesn't mean they are a trigger for you, but it might be good to keep in mind.

:hug: I hope things go well for you.

Thanks kayley and Sarah.
I just feel as I'f sometimes maybe I'm over reacting or something, then the pain comes and I know I'm not! Sarah that is a very good point I will try to eliminate the salads and maybe try something else although the salad has been mainly the only think I can tolerate without pain along with cereal also. Thanks for all your advice I am awaiting (6 weeks ago two urgent lost referrals later) no joke! For an appointment with a gastro consultant to get me in for a scope. My gp is getting frustrated as she's sent two referrals already which as above Have been lost ?!?! So 6 weeks later and I'm still none the wiser. Iv never looked forward to a procedure as much just to finally find out what the problem is! I managed some pasta tonight which gave me slight abdo pain but very manageable. My symptoms of this recent bad bout are getting a little better. I'm just dreading the "next time" unless it gets fixed.
Mel xxx