• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sustained Diet-Induced Remission in Pediatric Crohn’s Disease Is Associated With Kynurenine and Serotonin Pathways

Read the study. It made me wonder if Crohn's patients taking SSRI'S for depression or anxiety see any increase in remission rates or lengths.

Just thinking about the serotonin angle.

Read the study. It made me wonder if Crohn's patients taking SSRI'S for depression or anxiety see any increase in remission rates or lengths.

Just thinking about the serotonin angle.
I also have been reading Ray Peat's article on serotonin. He had already linked excess serotonin to inflammation and TNF. It doesn't sound like new knowledge but I wonder how many Crohn's patients actually know about this.

It would be interesting if repurposing SSRI actually helps tame Crohn's.

I really like these two articles from Ray Peat on serotonin:

1) http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-disease-aging-inflammation.shtml
2) http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/tryptophan-serotonin-aging.shtml

He offers some diet advice too:
In the traditional diet, rather than just eating muscle meats, all the animal parts were used. Since collagen makes up about 50% of the protein in an animal, and is free of tryptophan, this means that people were getting about half as much tryptophan in proportion to other amino acids when they used foods such as “head cheese,” ox-tails, and chicken feet.

I'd like to get your take on these two articles as well @MrWheat @Pilgrim

I dunno I failed Chemistry and hate Biology lol. But I wonder if I should be taking collagen supplement now you really explained it well thanks!
How about bone broth? There is so much of goodness if you just cook it for a long time.