• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Swallowing pills causes nausea

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Hi guys.

Do any of you have trouble taking pills? I'm not having trouble swallowing them, but as soon as I do take them, I get really nauseous and it feels like I'm going to throw up.

Anyone have this problem or know what it could be?

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
I've tried :(

Also tried w/a lot of water... but just feel so sick immediately after taking even just one stupid pill.

Blleeeeccchhhhh..... :puke_r:

I have a similar problem unless I eat a little bit of bread or mashed potato (even a potato chip) first. Something starchy is good but avoid calcium a couple of hours before or after taking your pills because it interferes with absorption.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Ahh, sorry Ris.
I used to feel that way too. I would get a really full feeling and then nausea. I swallowed them with gingerale. I conditioned myself into thinking that since gingerale is suppose to help with nausea I would be okay. It helped. Plus the gingerale made me burp and that relieved some of the pressure.

Anyway, I can't wait to be a senior citizen so I can enjoy even more pills!!!

Hey hun, I've found that chocolate soy milk helps me get the big pills down. I never thought I'd try soy milk but its surprisingly good :) Best of luck to you, the meds have their side effects but they work!