• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Swollen eyelids?

Has anyone's child ever had red swollen eyelids?? At first we thought maybe it was a stye, but now the same thing on the other eye. We go to the dr. Monday. Also, sores on scalp?

Thanks for any info!

Therese

They are not sores on her eyes....just the top of her eyelids are swollen and red. On her scalp, it is kind of a raised round looking sore that hurts if you touch it.

I am 28, but last year, during my first (and only?) "flare", my eyelids got so swollen, they looked almost closed. Mine didn't really hurt and I don't remember too much redness. I went to an eye doctor, she wrote a prescription for antibiotics, but suggested I try warm water compresses first. I never filled the script, because the compresses (or time?) helped it to go away within a day or two. I had one first and then the other eye.

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
My daughter and I get swollen eyelids when we use a shampoo we are allergic too, it also can cause hives (which might be the red spots on the scalp). If she is using a new shampoo or conditioner, I'd consider washing it out with a shampoo you know she didn't react to in the past as soon as possible. At any rate, it sounds like allergic reaction to me.