• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Swollen groin lymph or bite?

hey guys, I have this bite like thing on my upper thigh, its quite sore, its come up over the last 2 days but I have had it before, I'm worried its my lymph nodes swelling up (though this time its just on one side, last time it happened it was on both thighs though I thought it was just bites then). Has anyone had something similar happen?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Yes but my doctor said that it was from the medications I was on weakening my immune system (happened while on Remicade and while on Methotrexate). Be sure to have your doctor check it out if possible. They've swollen in my groin on both sides and just one side one time. They've also swollen in my armpits while on Remicade. Hurts a lot. Only thing that made it stop for me was stopping the medication.

Edit: My GP did give me antibiotics when the one's in my armpits swelled, yet I also got a breast infection (in both breasts) as well. It seemed to help then but it didn't return after I stopped the Remicade.

thx for that jen, I haven't had remicade now for a few weeks, but just started on entocort at a gamble, and it seems to correlate w starting that. :(