• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Swollen hands

hey everybody! I was just wondering if anyone has had swollen hands during a flare up? for the last few days my hands have been swelling up and down so much that my skin is wrinkled and peeling. sometimes they hurt when they are swollen and they get itchy and warm. I don't know if it has anything to do with Crohn's but it is scaring me. just wan't to know if this is happening or has happened to anyone. Thanks and have a great day :)

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I have nt ever had this problem myself but it could be to do with the crohn's. Out of interest are you on any meds? How is the tum itself at the moment? Have tou been able to let your doc know about this? We do have a sub forum for extra intestinal manifestions so do check this out in case others here have experienced this: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81.

Wishing you all the best.

AB
xx

Spooky1

Hi there,

yes, i'm often feeling like a michelin man! I swell up all over. I was told its lack of protein which is down to inflamation in the body. Does your body have extreme fatigue with it? If so it could also liink into a rhumatic flare as well. I've never managed to do anything about it. My legs swell like mad though. And i'm always so exhausted.

David

Co-Founder
Hi angry gut and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with your swollen hands :( What does your GI say about it?

All my best to you.