• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Swollen Lymph Nodes on Entyvio

My first infusion was 12/2. I had flu-like symptoms immediately afterward. A headache began during the infusion and was resolved on Day 12. I had never experienced swollen lymph nodes before but my neck and groin areas are swollen and it is painful. I had my 2nd infusion and I want to sleep.

Also, maybe it just isn't working yet but my diarrhea has increased, mouth ulcers have increased, painful skin rashes have returned. I would think I'm having a flare but the only time I did not have these symptoms is when I did not take any medication at all. Weight gain has been an ongoing issue. My normal weight range is 140-155. That is a normal healthy weight for me. I am almost up to 165 and I can barely eat!

Has anyone else experienced symptoms getting worse before they get better? I still have a ton of hope this medication may be the one for me. However, the swollen lymph nodes may be deal breaker.

I have never been on Entyvio but with the flu like symptoms and swollen lymph nodes I would consider calling your doctor.

So far, the doctor is telling me that I need to stay on a maintenance medication and he would like me to give Entyvio some time before discontinuing. I now have huge scaly patches on my knees, elbows and ankles too. My Dr. prescribed Vitamin K for a week. I'm not sure what that is supposed to do--if anything. I am far more miserable on this medication than untreated Crohn's. I said the same thing about Humira though so maybe I'm just not good with meds.

I started back in Dec. The only real side effect I have had is overwhelming fatigue. I'm still on a relatively high dose of Pred that I am tapering down from, so the fatigue is very surprising.
The only other issue is the inconsistency in effect. I am recovering from a flare that has manifested as proctitis. I'm fine one day, then horribly sick the next day. Sick for a few more days. Then totally fine again. I am baffled by how utterly random it seems to be.
I'm hoping for a more consistent effect after my next dose in two weeks.