• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Swollen lymph nodes while on humira

Anyone experiencing enlarged neck ( cervical) nodes while on humira? I have a enlarged left sided node that is slightly tender. I am in my 4th month of humira and have had a runny nose and URI since... It gets a little better, then comes back....

On:
Humira 40 Mg every other week
Imuran 100 mg a day
Pentasa 2000 mg daily
Prilosec
Lotrel

DX : Crohns small bowel, transverse and iliocecal valve

kiny

the nodes feel hard of very soft? do they fade away or not? painful or not?

kiny

Well I have to go. Swollen lymph nodes are usually nothing worrysome, but just to make sure you should show them to your doctor soon if they don't go away. If needed they can take an MRI to rule out malignancy. Make sure you get them checked out if they persist.

Update! Went to family doctor and she said I just have a viral URI. Body can't kick it to well due to immunosuppressants but is, starting Flonase ... We shall see. Enlarged node is just a symptom of the viral infection.

I had similar symptoms while on remicade. I ended up being diagnosed with Cryptic Tonsilitis. It's not as easily detected. It took seeing several doctors before I finally got an answer. I hope your node went down.

I had enlarged thyroid during my last admission (+1 in size). Docs kept an eye on it and now seems to have returned to normal size. They attributed it to a viral infection that wasn't manifesting itself over the IBD.