• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Symptoms after infliximab infusions

Hi everyone,

I had my first infliximab (remsima) infusion yesterday. I have proctitis which has not responded to any other treatment.

I felt mostly OK during the infusion, a little flushed at one point and just generally drained towards the end. In the afternoon I felt kind of dizzy and weak, much better after a nap! Today I woke up with a sore throat which has progressed to feeling like the start of a cold. No temperature. I've let my ibd team know as that's what it says to do in my booklet! But I haven't heard back.

Are these normal symptoms? Or am I just super unlucky to get a cold right at the same time?

Thanks!

I could be wrong but I think the infliximab has lowered your immune system and you were more ooen to catching a cold. I hope you feel better soon.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
As long as you don't have any signs of an allergic reaction (hives, difficulty breathing, etc.) and aren't running a fever, you probably just picked up a cold.....

Feel better soon!

Maya142

Staff member
I would guess you have been developing a cold for a few days. It's probably just a coincidence that it showed up the day after your infusion.

It doesn't matter much in terms of infliximab - it's infections they are worried about. A regular cold is not a big deal. If you get a fever, that's when you have see or contact your GP.

My daughters tended to be tired after the infusion and that lasted for about 24 hours. But besides that, they had no side effects.