• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Symptoms and Upping Dose

I am a 36 y/o male and have bad Crohn's. I am currently on Remicade (highest dose, 10/kg) every 6 weeks. Currently I feel poor during the evenings, around 5:30. I lose my appetite, get nauseous/dizzy, and get bad stomach pains. I had an MR Enterography done and there is active inflammation and possible strictures and adhesions. My doctor is going to do another colonoscopy to see if he can get the camera any further up. We have hinted at upping the dose to every 4 weeks or switching to Entivyo.
Just wondering if anyone has any advice.

I don't have any experience with Entyvio. He might want to switch you to every four weeks and if that doesn't work switch you to Entyvio. Let us know how you are.

Has he tested for remicade levels to determine if your body is burning through the remicade? Has he started you for antibodies because with a high level of antibodies there's little chance remicade is working.

My son was on remicade at one time. He went through several dosage changes and the addition of methotrexate injections. He was eventually on high dose remicade 15mg/kg every 6 weeks with methotrexate injections every week.

It took care of all his symptoms but it did not completely quell the inflammation so he had to switch to humira after surgery.