• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Symptoms I didn't see on here.

Hello,
I have been reading this forum for some time now and have found it very helpful. My sympathies to all. I haven't had to deal with anything like many of the posts I have read.
I am confused about what is going on. I have battled with being backed up all of my life, half a century.
About 4 years ago I had swallowing problems and swollen lymph nodes in my neck. A CT showed several and I was hoarse a lot. My ENT sent me to a GI Dr since he felt it was coming from the stomach. I had an upper scope and he found; a pharyngoesophageal diverticulum (zenkers), H. Pylori, Schatzki ring, and hiatal hernia. He also found lots of inflammation. He dilated my throat and stomach (to stretch out schatzki's). He treated the H. P and tried to treat the inflammation with several things all of which gave me D.
I had a colonoscopy a few wks later and he told me I was road rash head to tail so was told I had Crohns. I was tested and found to be both fructose and lactose intolerant. Allergy testing this spring was positive for cows milk.

A year went by, no meds, my only symptom was the "ovarian cysts" that I had felt on the right side for 20+ years. I should mention that I have lots of scarring from my one child delivery.
This Feb my lower right (groin area) pain came and stayed. It has gotten worse and moved into my hip and upper thigh about a month ago. I was limping and taking left over pain pills. I broke my pelvis fall of 2011 and didn't need the pills very long so this pain was bad! ER 2 weeks ago thinking it was my appendix. An ultrasound showed everything normal and haven't run a fever.
I am having a colonoscopy this Tues.

Here I am finally getting to my question. About 3 days ago I got the D which is very rare. Still lots of pain. Then I get a white knuckle cramping D that was very yellow and mucus. Strangely, the pain has subsided after that.
Has anyone had anything like this? Could it have been an abscess that popped? I know it isn't an ovary anymore.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Welcome to the forum.
Your symptoms may not fit the standard symptoms but it sure seems like everyone is a little bit different. genetics, food allergies,

I would sure call your doctor and explain what happened. It sounds pretty serious.

All of your symptoms sound very serious and I hope you are getting the care you need.
Let us know how your colonoscopy turns out.

I am a big believer in both GI's and naturalpaths. They both can be very helpful.

best to you

Thank you for your quick response. I do plan to let my Dr know Monday. The scope is Tues morning. I am just thankful the pain has subsided. A friend was talking to my husband tonight and he mentioned possible diverticulitis. I hadn't thought of that, and I should have since I have one in my throat.:ybatty:

I just looked up yellow stools: it is often associated with malabsorption and possible celiac disease. Might me a good idea to remove all wheat and dairy for now.

Lots of people have allergies these days with both.

I had my scope this morning and doc said every thing was normal. He did take several biopsies that I won't get results to until late week or early next week.
I am both frustrated and relieved. I am glad there is nothing seriously wrong, but how could I have had such extreme pain in my abdomen and hip joint and then have it suddenly disappear after one strange BM during a bout with D. I have been dealing with this pain for almost 4 months and the last 4 weeks were constant and intense pain. As I mentioned before, it was in my broken pelvis category of pain.

I also know certain foods/beverages cause pain. Sodas are extremely hard on my guts. I was positive there was going to be an abscess or something. Now I am just really confused. I saw some photos from the procedure and the tissue did look quite healthy.
:confused2:

Celebrate your clean scope! In the past I had 4 episodes where I was doubled over in labor type pains. After several hours it passed once I had a bowel movement or time. Never did find out what caused it. Interestingly... I too have had a cyst on my ovary for the past 5 yrs. After my first episode that was the only thing they discovered in the MRI.

Best of luck!