• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Systematic Review on Therapies for IBD

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thanks Stinky!! Interesting reading but it is long. I got almost half way finished but will read the rest later. I shoulda lived in Romania, less incidence :yfaint:.

Canada is the highest in CD, no surprise there! Good article!!

ameslouise

Okay, I only got a few pages in, but WTF is going on in Denmark and Iceland??? Did they just get McDonalds over there or something???? Or is it a lack of Vitamin D???

And why no data from Australia, but such high incidence in NZ?

I almost fell off my chair when it mentioned the psychological impact of IBD on patients in the first or second paragraph! Hurray! Finally an acknowlegement of what a mind f-er these diseases can be!

Thanks for posting, Scott!

- Amy

I agree, Ames, the psychological impact of these monsters on our mental health (and the mental health of our closest, I might add) is seriously under-estimated.

I mean, I've had a part of my body chopped off, my perianal area "decorated" with setons of various colors, the threat of becoming incontinent, the ghost of a possible ablation of the anal area... times of complete inability to function, inability to digest, a deep feeling of injustice and uselessness... severe pain, severe nausea, the big D... I've cried of despair in doctors offices, cried of exhaustion when entering surgeries, got angry at entire days of waiting in ER...

... yet not one single doctor throughout my 27 years of crohn's mentioned counseling or anti-depressants.