• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tailbone fistula with Crohns

So I've got an embarrassing situation. (Who doesn't in here?) I was diagnosed with UC five years ago, but a year later I was re-diagnosed with Crohns after requiring surgery on two fistulas in the perianal region. I'm on Humira and Lialda. A few days ago my tailbone started hurting. Today I noticed an acute pain, and it appears there is a fistula formed and infected in my butt crack, near the top at my tailbone. For years I have had this little dimple/hole at the very top of my butt crack that occasionally gets sore and bleeds. This fistula is below that little dimple two inches or so. My regular GI doc is on maternity leave until the end of the month. I have an appointment with her, but I am considering a trip to the ER. I'm experiencing nausea, tailbone area pain, and my existing setons are tender. Does anyone have experience with this?

FullM3lt

Activate CB2
I had something like that except it was a pilonidal cyst...I used ichthammol cream on it for 2-3 days and it eventually drained and hasn't returned since (knock on wood)

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but that's my experience...it was very painful. I hope you can find some relief.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I thought I was the only one with that issue because I'd never heard anyone talk about it. I thought I had a pilonidal cyst - but it started dripping stool. The pain was over the top.

I hope this gets sorted out.