• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Taper down question

I have been on 60mg prednisone daily for 2 weeks (30 mg morning and 30 mg evening), and started the taopering down period today.

So from today I am supposed to cut the dose in half to 30mg by skipping the evening dose, that is I only take my morning dose, and skip the one in the evening.

And then after a week I start to skip one 5 mg pill for each week until I am off...

Is it normal to start the tapering off period by cutting half the dose like that?

It may be to save you from getting another prescription. personally I have not been on that I dose. good luck

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, and welcome
Yes. I am currently tapering down by half a tablet each month, smaller dozes than you. This is to prevent adverse side effects I had previously Viz dizziness and feeing faint. I wish you well , and hope all goes well for you tapering,
:rosette1::goodluck: