• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tattoos?

Hey guys. I'm starting humira in a week or so, with 125mg imuran. I want to get a tattoo though! Can I do this, without risking hepatitis? Thanks a bunch :)

Hey guys. I'm starting humira in a week or so, with 125mg imuran. I want to get a tattoo though! Can I do this, without risking hepatitis? Thanks a bunch :)
I think if you were exposed to hepatitis you'd have to worry about that whether you were on Humira or not. :p Go to a place that is clean and trustworthy.

Last edited:
Been wondering about this too as I'd been planning another tatt. But I burnt myself on the cooker a week ago and it's taking an age to heal. Thinking it might be cos of the Aza? Getting the first one hurt, but what with the weekly bloodtests, I'm getting quite blase' about needles! :)

Been wondering about this too as I'd been planning another tatt. But I burnt myself on the cooker a week ago and it's taking an age to heal. Thinking it might be cos of the Aza? Getting the first one hurt, but what with the weekly bloodtests, I'm getting quite blase' about needles! :)
Me too. I went to get a mantoux test the other day with my GP's new nurse. She didn't know I did regular bloodtests. "oh dearie, this'll just feel like a mosquito bite"...

trollololo

i had a few tatts whilst on humira and infliximab one got slightly infected but cleared up after course of antibiotis and all seems fine now