• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

TedTalk - How diet essentially cured Multiple Sclerosis

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Here is a presentation given by a doctor who essentially cured herself of MS by changing her diet.

Her diet is focused on getting 3 plates of vegetables and berries each day, in addition to grass-fed meats, fish and some other items more typical of a traditional hunter-gatherer diet. She is recommending what might be commonly seen as a Paleo diet; however she is more specific about what to eat and about ensuring you get enough vitamins and minerals from vegetables.

Even if you cannot tolerate raw vegetables, it would be worthwhile to try steaming vegetables mentioned in the video to make them easier to digest. While we may not all be able to tolerate all the vegetables mentioned by the doctor (such as cabbage) it makes sense to diversify our intake of vegetables to expose ourselves to different flavonoids and different minerals and vitamins.

That was a neat, and an inspiring video! It is surprising at how different medical conditions can be helped and even cured with a nutritious diet. I'm reading a book about dental health right now. I've personally noticed after eating a similar diet to what Dr. Terry Wahls mentions in the video, that not only has my gut felt tremendously better, but that I also stopped developing cavities. The book is explaining why that is.

Best selling diet weight loss author Dr. Eades made a comment on Dr. Wahls's MS video. To go along with her MS talk, he included a 2 minute video Medscape created recently to present to doctors about diet. Rather sad.

"Mitochondria rejuvenating diet the nutritional ‘experts’ bash"

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/...tionblog+(The+Blog+of+Michael+R.+Eades,+M.D.)

snippet from his article:

...After you’ve seen the above video, take a look at the one below. It is a little over 2 minutes long and was developed to give doctors – who, for the most part, don’t give a flip about diet – advice they can pass along to their obese or overweight patients. Watching the longer video above first will give you more context to better appreciate the one below and show you just how lame mainstream medicine can be.

This video came from Medscape, a subscription service for doctors to keep them abreast of all the latest and greatest news and updates from the world of mainstream medicine. Pitiful, isn’t it?...