• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Teeth pain and prednisolone and imuran

teeth pain and prednisolone and imuran

does imuran or prednisolone cause tooth pain? my teeth are always so sore ! i cant sleep ;-(

When i took prednisone is when my teeth started hurting. They are really sensitive to cold. Eating ice cream is extremely painful. I started brushing with sensodyne toothpaste and i've since weaned off the prednisone. Its better but not gone away. Im giving it a few more weeks before i go to the dentist to see if the sensitive toothpaste will work. Imuran probably isn't doing it. I just started imuran about a month ago and my teeth were hurting before from using prednisone. I would go see a dentist if its bothering you so much that you can't sleep. Mine aren't that bad. But i was only on prednisone for a few months before i had to wean.

I've been on pred for years (too long) and my teeth are usually quite sensitive. They'll just start to hurt out of nowhere, and it could last anywhere from a minute to several weeks. Sometimes it's my gums, but usually my teeth.

Yes I too have been suffering with very painful teeth. Some days it is so sore I have to drink through a straw and not eat as stuff coming in to contact with them is so painful.

I am now down to my losest dose of Prednisolone since diagnosis and I have to admit the teeth are starting to feel better. All in all I have been on steroids now since beginning of Feb and I cannot wait to be off them...... Seeing my consultant on Thursday so here is hoping he stops my Pred, 10mg down to 0mg asap please.

I am on Azathioprine too 150mg (3 tablets a day) and I agree that I dont think this is what causes the sore teeth!

Take care x