• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

tendon pain and crohns

I was wondering that too. Been having pains in my elbows and backs of heels. When I googled I found a couple of articles saying Metrodinazole can cause tendinitis, even months after you've been on it. Have you ever had it prescribed?

Hi Helen,
I have been on it briefly a couple time (thats Flagyl right?). I saw the reumatologist this afternoon for my joint pain - I thought perhaps I had RA or something and before I even mentioned the tendon pain he asked about it. According to him the joint pain and also the tendon pain are just another crohns manifistation. He also took me off the Humira as of today. There was something in the blood test results he did not like, and he said that clearly the humira was not doing enough for me anyway. Which is actually what the surgeon said when he looked at my fistula yesterday. Next week the three doctors (GI, CR surgeon and rheumatologist) will decide on a new med to replace the Humira. He put me on pred for the first time too... hope it gets the joint stuff under control.

Yep, it's Flagyl. I'm really sorry the Humira has not done the job for you. it's good though that the three doctors are working together.

Prednisone- you should feel a relief in your symptoms very soon.

After many failed attempts at tappering- I needed a low dose and a very slow taper
keep that in mind- I too had a very hard time getting into remission.

lauren