• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Terrible day so far

Woke up at 1am super hot. Felt like I had gas so got up to use the restroom just in case. Glad I got up because ended up having diarrhea. Been dealing with diarrhea and vomiting since. Whole back is hurting and going back and forth with feeling hot then cold. No fever.

I hope this is due to just having ate something bad and not the Crohn's monster rearing its ugly head.

Are you sure you are not running a fever? It srrmd odd to me that you would be running back and forth between cold and hot.

No fever. Seems I get really hot right before I need to vomit. That has finally stopped, thereafter be anything left. Still have diarrhea. Trying to keep myself hydrated. Just feel very weak and my body aches pretty bad. Scared to eat because I don't want to start throwing up again.

Didn't really eat a whole lot yesterday. Got up this morning to try to go to work, but ended up calling out. Been trying to eat a piece of toast for 45 min. Still have diarrhea, no vomiting but nauseous when I walk around.

I almost think something I ate started all of this...possibly food poisoning? And now the Crohn's is aggravated??? Having some pain in the abdomen, but nothing major. Feel better than yesterday, but decided I better take the day off so I don't make it worse.

I haven't felt this bad in a long time :(

Didn't really eat a whole lot yesterday. Got up this morning to try to go to work, but ended up calling out. Been trying to eat a piece of toast for 45 min. Still have diarrhea, no vomiting but nauseous when I walk around.

I almost think something I ate started all of this...possibly food poisoning? And now the Crohn's is aggravated??? Having some pain in the abdomen, but nothing major. Feel better than yesterday, but decided I better take the day off so I don't make it worse.

I haven't felt this bad in a long time :(
I am so sorry.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. An increase in body temperature is a precept to vomiting.

Try a liquid diet for a couple of days until the diarrhea subsides, then go on a bland diet for some more days. You may have eaten something offensive and a mild diet will push it out of your piping (it may take a few days) while keeping you nourished.

Vomiting drains the body of energy and nourishment. It is vital to push the fluids (avoid caffeine and sugary drinks like soda) after vomiting. Liquid diet is almost all fluids and it calms down the digestive system, moving to bland diet gets better nourishment while avoiding any aggravation with the digestive system. Remember that the intestines are a muscle and that they need a few days to heal. The less you aggravate them, the better they heal.

If you continue to be nauseated then you should seek medical help.

When I had troubles like that I suspected food poisoning at first. I eventually figured out that certain foods were triggering the problems. I had to isolate which foods were the source, which was empirical and painful. You have to abstract them to a group IE when I figured out that peanuts, cashews, and almonds had triggered problems then I grouped them into raw nuts (nuts in butter form or cooked did not trigger). It requires some serious diligence and observation to isolate the foods. By the time I figured out the trigger foods and cut them out of my diet, my system was much better.

I've started a new post : thread before but I forget how i did it... Can someone tell me how tondo this? I need to post asap as I am in a bad place and need you help thank you

Feeling a bit better this afternoon. Not eating much but the nausea is gone. Still getting pain on and off but it hasn't gotten worse.

Stomach still gurgling really bad. Ate a little bit of food today, but mostly stuck to liquids. Felt ok today, a bit weak when I went to the store. Will be returning to work tomorrow which sucks because I still can't eat solids really. Nothing really sounds good to eat though anyway.

Stomach still gurgling really bad. Ate a little bit of food today, but mostly stuck to liquids. Felt ok today, a bit weak when I went to the store. Will be returning to work tomorrow which sucks because I still can't eat solids really. Nothing really sounds good to eat though anyway.
Take care of yourself.