• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Test results

I had nerve conduction studies done at the end of October (28th). I was told the results usually take about 3 weeks. So after 4 weeks of waiting, my GP suggested I phone the hospital and chase the results myself. First I phoned the department I had the test done, who confirmed they had forwarded the results to the neurologist who ordered the test. So I phoned his office, who confirmed that they had received the results 2 weeks after I had the test done. But unfortunately the doctor was away at the time and wasn't due back for a week.

By now he should have been back for a week, all he has to do is send my results with a covering letter saying either a) fine, no action necessary or b) make another appointment. Yet still no results, and I can't get hold of anyone at the hospital (not even an answering machine!) and my flipping phone is playing up (again!) so half the time when I get through people can't hear me talking.

Grrr!!

David

Co-Founder
Damn, that really sucks Rebecca! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that BS. Doctors should understand that being a good doctor is more than just being able to regurgitate what was crammed into your head in medical school. "First do no harm" is sure being violated when they pull BS like this.

I hope you get it situated soon and you get the answers you want and deserve!

Well after 3 days of trying I finally got an answer at the hospital. What do you know, the consultant was dictating the letter that very afternoon (what a coincidence) and so I should receive the results by the end of the week.

Well I got the results back today. My nerve conduction was fine, but the MRI showed white spots in my brain. The consultant feels that they are due to inflammation, possibly from the virus I had March '10 that started all this off. I have an appointment Jan 6th.

Last edited: