• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tests

My under standing that everyone started with a therapeutic dose. Some doc's do the loading doses and some don't; GI's use the loading dose more often than rheumatologist. If the standard therapeutic douse dose not work then sometimes they will use the next higher one.

My GI told me they do not do blood work for the amount of Humira in the system, but the amount of antibodies in your system.

I should get my first antibody blood work for Humira in December.

Scipio

My GI told me they do not do blood work for the amount of Humira in the system, but the amount of antibodies in your system.
This is incorrect. Blood tests are available for both the Humira itself and the anti-bodies to it. The ANSER ADA test measures both.

my little penguin

Staff member
Fwiw his levels were normal no antibodies
But due to symptoms
His humira was still increased
And
It worked at the high frequency
Good luck

This is incorrect. Blood tests are available for both the Humira itself and the anti-bodies to it. The ANSER ADA test measures both.
This^

It can be a very expensive test, as many insurance companies will not cover it. If you're anywhere near Duke, they have a deal with the company that tests the samples and you only get charged for the lab draw, not the test. I managed to have it done when I was sent to get a second opinion from my GI last year.

I take blood tests for antibodies each quarter; it's a simple draw at my local hospital. One time they had a nurse come to my home to take blood and send it to California. I don't think my insurance liked it and I ended up paying a lot for it, like $600. Don't offhand remember what that test was.

I take blood tests for antibodies each quarter; it's a simple draw at my local hospital. One time they had a nurse come to my home to take blood and send it to California. I don't think my insurance liked it and I ended up paying a lot for it, like $600. Don't offhand remember what that test was.
The Anser test was the one sent out to California. I was told that's the only place they run the test.

Tony H

Hey Ron , I'm having the test done tomorrow so Ill ask them exactly what they test for but as far as I know they test for both antibodies and amount of humira in the system , I do know that it takes a few weeks for the results here in Ireland as they have to send it to the UK .

Tony H

the test they do here is called FAAB , they test for
Adalimumab Concentration and Anti-Adalimumab Antibody levels ,
my doctor has also upped my injections to once a week so hopefully that will make a difference for me .