• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tests

I have had Crohn's over 30 years. 6 surgeries and multiple pcp's and gastro doctors. Now on Remicade for 3 years. I just changed gastro's because the one I had was very far away and really didn't appear to be the least bit interested in anything but the actual intestines. Like most people I have crohn's related issues. Vison, AS, joint problems etc. So very new Gastro is local and this is the first Remicade infusion with her. I called to see if she wanted blood tests prior to the infusion and no response.... last doctor also only took blood test yearly. What is usual? 8 week infusions- when should testing be done??

my little penguin

Staff member
Blood tests can be anywhere from every 8 weeks (at infusion time ) to monitor if your doing poorly
To every 6 months
We typically did every 3-4 months for bloodwork and have for the past 8 years on biologics
Keeps an eye on things
Good luck

I am on a 4 week schedule for Remicade and labs are done every time. Cbc, liver panel, and now iron studies since i’m bleeding constantly (slowly).

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I am on every 8 weeks, and get bloodwork done every other infusion - so every 4 months.....if something comes up I'll have additional lab work done....