• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thank God for Remicade!

After being diagnosed 7 weeks ago while having a bad flare I recently started Remicade. I was in the hospital for 5 days about 8 weeks ago, and put on pred, asacol, imuran. After leaving I was out for 3 weeks and my flare got crazy bad. I was in the hospital for 6 days the second time. Doctor decided to start Remicade.

I was really upset about that it, due to side effects, but after the first week I felt great! I was eating anything, going to the gym. Thank you Remicade! Just got my second infusion today. I really hope this stuff sticks and my body does not reject it because I actually feel 100% healthy. Three weeks ago I was in constant cramps that got so bad I would collapse and break down. I was going to the bathroom like 20 times a day and had been passing blood for 7 weeks. One treatment got me back to normal.

Just wanted to post my success story so far for anyone who may need to start treatment.