• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thanks for accepting me in your group!

Hello all, I am a newbie! I started having severe pain July 14, 2014 after eating steak, baked potato and salad! It seemed like this came on as quick as a blink of an eye, and from that point I have had every tests, X-ray, MRI. Ultrasound , colonoscopy, endoscopy , you name it I had it! And it seemed no one could find the cause of the severe pain. I went from a size 8 to a 0. Everything I eat would feel like it was killing me. Couldn't sleep, due to pain waking me up during the night. After having a 5 hour tests, the tech physician told me I need to get my PCP to send me for Capsule (Pill) Tests. Which of course told about 3-4 months to get appointment , and had to go about 80 miles away to see a doctor who specializes in the type tests. He was already sure I had crohns from my medical records that my doctor missed in my home town. But we got the Capsule test done and it took about 2 weeks to get the results. Because the capsule takes 1000's of pictures as it goes through your small intestine. After getting the report this week, I have pictures of my small intestine with many ulcers all around. They stated me on Entocort , and have been on it abut 3 weeks..but no relief as of yet. So he is giving me a couple more weeks to try this before changing medicines. I cannot takes steroids or prednisone due to being allergic. So I continue to hurt and wait for something to change. I know many have had this much longer but my heart goes out to each of you , for this is a horrible way to live. But I am going to continue to keep my faith and believe GOD will heal.

I am glad to be a part of your group..and hope to meet many new friends! God bless !

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Diane :welcome: sorry to here your story, crohn's can be a difficult thing to diagnose n involves all sorts of tests :yrolleyes:
I hope things get sorted out soon for you hun, and you can start to feel better. I and many others here know just what it's like and can understand and sympathise with you there. This is what's so good about this forum someone some where on here has had to or is dealing with all the stuff you are and can give practical knowlegdeable help in most cases. it's unfortunate that that is the case of course, i wish none of us needed to be here, but we are so we do our best to help each other out with advice, just to listen to a rant that needs to be ranted, support, encouragement, and some laughter to ease the pain a tad.
Hope all goes well with the tests etc n keep us posted on how you are doing, you will find my friends on here im sure, me for one, take care hun..:ghug:

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi Diane and welcome. Sorry for your issues and diagnosis.
I would like to know more about your allergy to prednisone/steroid. Is it because you took it in the past and you had undesirable side effect? Most of us experience very unpleasant side effect with pred.
Entocort is a steroid too, but said to have fewer side effect.

Hello Lady Organic, I have been on steroids / prednisone before and it was a nightmare. It caused fluish feeling, joint pain, I hurt from head to toe, headches, and never got any better. When the doctor put me on Entocort he told me it was a mild synthetic steroid and was hoping it would not be as bad. I did have many of the symptoms which was added on top of the crohns, that makes me feel even worse. He wanted me to give it a couple more weeks to see if it get's better. BUT, I have a friend that is into all natural..so he got me taking Kombucha/ water Keifer...and I have to say..this is the first time in way over a year that I have not been in severe pain . So I am praying this will work for me..as you know when you are in severe pain you are willing to try anything. As I see you are all organic as well.. I am believing this is the way to go! MWAH!

Lady Organic

Staff member
ok I understand! Im hoping your will come to find your solution. Yes i do combine natural approach with standard medecine. I am hoping all my strategies and personal trial will pay me good in the future. Im inviting you to take a look at IBD-AID diet in my signature in my first post on this thread, maybe something that will interest you. wishing you well and speedy recovery.