• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thanks to the Pill Cam, a diagnosis

Hello all --

I've posted two or three times these past couple of weeks about the pill cam; after months and months of dead ends, I was skeptical that this particular test would give me new information. But today, my gastroenterologist called to tell me that I do in fact have Crohn's disease. I am feeling an incredible mixture of emotions right now but am mostly just inexplicably relieved to have some answers.

I titled this post "Thanks to the pill cam," but really I need to thank all of you. I wouldn't have gone through with the cam in the first place if many of you hadn't reached out and shared your own pill cam diagnosis stories... my most heartfelt thanks for your compassion and support this week. You've made literally a lifetime of difference for me.

Ultimately wishing you all well -- the diagnosed, the undiagnosed, and everyone in between. I am thankful to have found such a supportive group of people, and I would not want to be surrounded by anyone else!