• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thanksgiving turkey!?

Anyone worried about all the salmonella business that's coming out with turkey? I tend to be pretty paranoid about this stuff, but just wanted to see if anyone else is considering skipping the turkey this year.

I'd be careful if you were planning on eating out. If you are eating at home or somewhere where you will have some form of control over how the food is prepared, just make sure that the turkey is cooked thoroughly. If it's cooked right, it will kill any bacteria that may be there.

My wife and my mother-in-law always make sure the turkey is cooked to five degrees above the "safe" temperature for me. They take temperature readings from several places on the bird. I've not had any issues.