• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The anti-diet

the anti-diet

ok so ive been trying out a different way of eating. i know a lot of you all are the same, i have a really hard time eating. nothing sounds good, it doesnt taste good, etc.

i realized that i AM hungry a lot of the time, i feel the emptyness in my stomach, but for some reason that doesnt trigger me to get food. and when i do eat? i dont feel that feeling of satisfaction.

anyways, all that and i would eat like a handful of cereal all day. and feel very bad, guilty, and stressed for not giving my body nutrition.

SO what im trying is to eat a little bit of food every hour. i measure out 1/2 cup of cereal, pretzels, fruit, rice, turkey, w/e and put it all into baggies and in the frdge. then the stuff taht DOESNT have to go in the fridge i pile up in m,y room, so when the hour comes areound, it takes zero effort to reach over and eat 8 pretzels.

and i dont hazve to worry if its helthy enough or if its enough food, becasue i know that in another hour, im gonna have something else!

so far its helped a little bit, i have eaten more the past few days, but i havent succeeded at every hour yet. i still have trouble overcoming that urge to NOT eat. its like, ok someone who is OVERweight, you logically know that you should not eat. but yet something still makes you eat. what is that?? whatver that is is the same thing that makes me not eat. logically, i know i need to eat, but i just dont.
overeaters just eats the bag of chips.
and undereaters just dont touch them.

same problem, just opposite applications.

anyways, was wondering if this "diet" would help anyone else with bad food issues. sure cant hurt i suppose.

good luck!

That's awesome Kelly. I have that problem at times as well, especially when I'm not feeling too well. It's kind of funny that some people will ask me to eat something and although I may be starving I will usually decline because it's like I just don't want to eat. I'm starting to get better with my eating as well and I've gained a couple of pounds but I need to eat even more. Anyways, I fully support your anti-diet.

Sounds like a good idea Kello! My problem is that I get hungry and have the empty feeling but don't want to eat. I end up eating out of necessity, light headed and such if I don't. I might have to look into the KELLO diet too. ;)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
That sounds like a good idea Kell. Can you think of ANYthing that sounds good? Even if it's not healthy, but just for calories? If you can do your baggie thing but add in one more splurge type of food, that would help add some needed calories.

Do you know why aren't you hungry right now? You sound tired if you are trying to use no effort to eat. I know the PG is bothering you, but I guess I don't know how else you are feeling lately with belly issues or whatever.
Have you been losing weight?

I think it's a great idea Kell, I hope it helps you out!

Hi Kello
I know what you mean... sometimes food seems like a real chore. I know I want to eat something, but just can't be bothered with it. I think that grazing... little and often, is a good idea, something I like to try myself... and eating too much in one go seems to upset me.
Good luck with that

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey Kello, I am lucky because I do the shopping, and I know what is safe for me and what is not. Usually if your cupboard is stocked up more than your fridge you are eating more carbs and preservatives. We also have a summer veggie garden and I eat smaller meals through the day, alot easier to digest and not so bloated. I am slowly trying to lose weight. My daughter read the "The Metabolic typing Diet", she felt better after realizing she needed certain proteins. Just some help for ya!

Soemtimes I'll just eat a spoonful of peanutbutter if I need protein but don't feel like eating. I'm glad its working for you Kell... Yeah... how are you doing?

Astra

Hey Kello
that's a great idea, and one that I do, like grazing all day, little and often, rather than 3 big meals a day, which I end up bloated and full of gas. The only thing I will do tho, is have a big breakfast, I find this helps to fill me up for the rest of the day, even tho I can't stomach it! but I make myself do it.
hoping you are well?
Joan xx

Sounds like a good idea Kell. When my gut hurts i will sometimes skip eating for a day or so. not smart i know but I drink a lot of tea, the peppermint really helps to sooth the beast a bit.

Last edited: