• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The day I found out I had crohns 🗣

I was in 8th grade going on 9th grade when I found out about my crohns it was the end of 8th grade year I had graduation practice field trips and everything to attend 😓 sadly I didn’t get to participate in much due to my crohns one day walking home from school I felt really tired and out of breath as if I was going to pass out I got my water bottle out of my backpack and drink some water it helped a little but I still felt really sick my stomach was hurting and my bottom felt really funny .. I rushed home and used the bathroom and I felt a himroid it was huge I passed out on the side of the toilet 😂🤣😩😩 I told my mom and she looked at it and didn’t understand where it came from we both thought it was a himroid so she went to the store to get everything to treat it but nothing helped I stoped eating and I had a very low appetite I started missing school , because I could barley get out of bed and walk .. one day my brother walked out of his room and sat on the stairs I walked out to attempt to used the bathroom but I passed out on the way he freaked out called my mom next thing you know I’m on my way to the hospital I was going back and forth to sutter delta in Antioch for 6months they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me ... the day of my graduation I couldn’t go to practice my friends had to tell me what to do I attend graduation ate food and went home I passed out again and started not feeling good she took me to Childrens hospital in Oakland they keep me for a whole summer the first week they did surgery on my bottom and did a biopsy and found it was crohns the next day they told me and my mom I had crohns , I cried for hours I knew from that point on life would be a little diffent ... so this whole time we thought it was a himroid and turns out it was my Crohn's coming from my but lol 😂😩🤷🏾‍♀️ . Crohns affects my daily life often I had to go to independent studies through out high school , I am 21 now I can barley work my body have a lot of reactions to medication and that’s my story ..

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum,but sorry you have to be here of course.You've been through so much and I hope they will soon find something that works for you.We have a "Young Adults" thread you might like to browse,but of course you are welcome any where on the forum.Your story will be of interest to others who would maybe like to share their experiences.Please keep us updated.