• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The Fiances Side of Crohns

I get asked all the time, how are you with him? you are a care giver, he is always in the hospital and so on......

My fiancé has had Crohns for 18 years, I met him 3 1/ years ago and for the last 3 years our lives have been nothing but hospitals. I have people tell me all the time they know someone with Crohns and they have it under control so he doesn't need the pain meds he is faking.

Well as we all know they are not. On Monday my Fiancé had his whole rectum removed he is 36 and will have a ostomy forever. He had them before and you would have thought he was gonna die because he wasn't normal. 7 months ago he was reconnected and since then he has been miserable. I never thought I would here him say this, but today he was happy. Happy he wasn't going to have to go to the bathroom 30 times a day hoping this will make the Crohns go into remissions.

He was worried I was gonna leave him because of the bag, I told him Id rather you have a bag then die, because that is what was going to happen.

After his surgery I talked to his surgeon, Dr Medich from UPMC. He told me that if Michael had Cancer the surgery and his disease would be so much easier. I heard that and was like what? Michael's Crohns is so severe that he hasn't been able to work in 3 years.

You are all probably gonna read this and say what does she know, what I know is I see the pain and suffering he goes through and I live it too. He is so hopeful that this surgery is gonna help him and give him the quality of life he once had before.

Hi. I am sorry for what he has bad to go through. I hope this does the trick for him. Sorry for what you are going through.

He is so lucky to have you and you are definitely doing a great job being at his side. Your lives will take a positive turn someday and then you will feel that it is worth all the pain. I am a caregiver too and I know how you feel. Keep in mind - 'This too shall pass'. Good luck :)

I get asked all the time, how are you with him? you are a care giver, he is always in the hospital and so on......

My fiancé has had Crohns for 18 years, I met him 3 1/ years ago and for the last 3 years our lives have been nothing but hospitals. I have people tell me all the time they know someone with Crohns and they have it under control so he doesn't need the pain meds he is faking.

Well as we all know they are not. On Monday my Fiancé had his whole rectum removed he is 36 and will have a ostomy forever. He had them before and you would have thought he was gonna die because he wasn't normal. 7 months ago he was reconnected and since then he has been miserable. I never thought I would here him say this, but today he was happy. Happy he wasn't going to have to go to the bathroom 30 times a day hoping this will make the Crohns go into remissions.

He was worried I was gonna leave him because of the bag, I told him Id rather you have a bag then die, because that is what was going to happen.

After his surgery I talked to his surgeon, Dr Medich from UPMC. He told me that if Michael had Cancer the surgery and his disease would be so much easier. I heard that and was like what? Michael's Crohns is so severe that he hasn't been able to work in 3 years.

You are all probably gonna read this and say what does she know, what I know is I see the pain and suffering he goes through and I live it too. He is so hopeful that this surgery is gonna help him and give him the quality of life he once had before.
You are an angel. Wishing the very best for his remission.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Im so sorry for what you and your fiance are going through. Its tough but as long as the people you love are there for you , it gives you hope. I do hope that this will be his answer and go in remission. Im sending support for both you