• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The first day after you are cured...

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
One day you wake up and the front page of the news paper (well it will actually more likely be in the bottom corner of page 11 :cool: ) says "THE CURE FOR IBD IS FOUND". After speaking to your doctor and taking the tic tac sized pill that cures you forever (and tastes like peppermint... hmm maybe it really is a tic tac after all that is the cure) you are now at full health. What are you going to do your first day of being totally healthy?

All I would want to do is get a large pecan pie and eat the whole thing :).

D

DarrylP_Ajax

One Little Ceasars X-large pepporoni pizza with double cheese and 3 1/2-pound burgers made from super-lean Grade A Beef, on sesame seed buns....and of course a strawberry milkshake

D

Donna

Isn't it funny how everyone says food...lol. I too would eat one of the biggest sloppiest juiciest cheeseburgers with fried onions, mushrooms and bacon, french fries (the home made kind) and a huge CHOCOLATE shake. Top it off with about 2 pounds of chocolate...and I would be happy.

Also, I would play all day with my kids...no potty breaks!! (gotta run off the calories of the meal above!!)...and not take a nap for the first time in 4 years!!!!!

Oh if only!

I would get up and jump around. Eat. Then relive my life again as if I never had it. I would be 14 again and kill all of those who said I looked like I was not sick or the best one. Why do you look like you are about to pass out. I would make them pay for every one of those I have heard.

Sorry bout that

Jeff

Jeff D. said:
I would get up and jump around. Eat. Then relive my life again as if I never had it. I would be 14 again and kill all of those who said I looked like I was not sick or the best one. Why do you look like you are about to pass out. I would make them pay for every one of those I have heard.

Sorry bout that

Jeff
I like this...agree with it all I believe.

Mainly I would just want to enjoy a pain free day with no bathroom sprints. That would be so nice! A whole day, no cramping, no pain....I can dream.

J

Jonny

Eat the best yummyest burger ever and go to the gym to work out my abs and then go to a beach to show of my belly bag free after the reversal operation.

K

k-t

Oh wow, i would just go out for 24 hours none stop....drink all i like and eat a big fat greasy kebab!!!!! yum yum

I agree with biker dude.
Although I would go to every amusement park and store I could find(even though I hate shopping) and not have to ask "Where's the bathroom, now?!"
It would be great!!

K

Kossy

I would sell all my stock in Procter & Gamble, the parent company for Charmin toilet paper.
Seeing that we'd have a huge surplus of TP in the world the P&G stock will be reduced to next to nothing.

B

Bananasplit22

i'd go back to taking dance classes...a couple of months ago, i had gotten really sick and missed soo many classes, and i just physically couldnt do them anymore..i miss them lots, so yea i'd do that =]

L

little_sami

I would eat a big dinner that would include omelette, fried egg, soft boiled egg, fried egg and scrambled egg. Can you tell I miss eggs?

And I would wash it all down with a huge choccy milkshake. mmm my mouth is watering...

The I would get rat-arsed on budweiser :D:D

S

Sparrow

I'd eat all the crap I'm not suppose to and have a party, get drunk, celebrate being pain free and no more meds!:beerchug:

V

Valentina

hmm, food and drink seems to be the common thing here. lol, so I will say, drink a big glass of milk and eat things covered with melted cheese, popcorn, cheese cake. etc.etc... oh, and then move across the world. lol

J

Jonny

mikeyarmo said:
One day you wake up and the front page of the news paper (well it will actually more likely be in the bottom corner of page 11 :cool: ) says "THE CURE FOR IBD IS FOUND". After speaking to your doctor and taking the tic tac sized pill that cures you forever (and tastes like peppermint... hmm maybe it really is a tic tac after all that is the cure) you are now at full health. What are you going to do your first day of being totally healthy?

All I would want to do is get a large pecan pie and eat the whole thing :).
I will never look at Tic Tac the same way again!! As im in Ottawa soon i would have a party and make a big cake like a huge steaming poop with cream ontop but was really the best choc ever and let the good times roll

hmmm...foods not such as issue, I eat all the chocolate I want, so what else could there be...oh, yeah...ALCOHOL!!! lol

But you know what, the best thing I can imagine would be to be able to excercise again, diet like the rest of the normal population with carrot sticks and celery and be able to ride my bike (pedal power) 20kms again with the dogs lead in hand as I ride to the beach or wherever. We used to go bushwalking, camping, all sorts of things. Just being 'normal' would be bliss. If only.

If a cure was found tomorrow for me it would be 'oh, great for others, but too late for me.' But a magic pill, now that has potential.

Mike, when you find that magic newspaper with the miraculous front page headline let me know and I'll be your agent!!! lol

Lisa

S

Spongie Sonya

I'd sleep for 24 hours knowing I won't get stomach cramps and not having to get up several times in the night!

P

punky_liz

You have no idea how cool that would be! I think I would eat all the foods that are on my no, no list. I mean eating food without great pain afterwards, what could be greater?!?!

B

boneyboy

First, I'd take my meds out of habit. Then I'd flush them down the toilet.

Then I'd go eat salads, fresh fruits, cheese steaks out the ass. Then, the NEXT DAY I'd have a normal bowel movement.

Back on the original day, I'd then go running around like a madman drinking obscene amounts of alcohol after said "nono food" meal. I'd then go buy a 30 pack of TP out of habit, and then marvel at how it lasted me a year.

C

Caroline

haha... a salad! Thousand island dressing! Big cheese burger! a beer!
and a nice long hike at dusk!

AH! this has to happen soon!!!

J

JennaBean1714

Play a full soccer game on a soccer field in the absolute middle of nowhere. Then drink milk and eat hot Buffalo chicken wings!! :)

B

btcrv

I would go to a baseball game and eat all the peanuts and popcorn I wanted!

cookey

Mama Crohnie
I would probably have a 24 hr drunk to celebrate, and I dont drink..lol. Then thank everybody who was involved in finding the cure, and ask them what took them so long..lol, lastly sleeping like a baby without pain..heaven!!