• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The need to go and mind control

So you are out and about and need to go - toilet nearby - no problem. Toilet three minutes away and you just make it with seconds to spare. My point is if the facilities were six minutes away I would still just make it with seconds to spare.

In a similar way I might be out and have an urgent need - but if something happens (meet someone or some incident) I no longer have an urgent need. I might feel fine then have a random thought that I have no idea where there are any toilets and suddenly, out of no where, I need to go urgently.

Now is this just me or does the mind have a big impact on urgency? Does anyone have any thoughts on this - hypnosis perhaps?

R

scottsma

when I walk the dog in the morning I prefer to be alone because if I have an "urgency" problem I find I can usually cope on my own and manage to get home without a mishap.If someone accompanies me I get stressed and feel I need to get home in case I have an accident while with them.I don't drive and most mornings manage a couple of miles walk but thats after of dose of loperamide,my safety net.