• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The new girl

Hi! :sign0144:

I'm Lindsey, I'm 28 and live in Lansing Michigan. I was Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease November 2009. When i was diagnosed by GI put me on Lialda and i was on that for almost two years. I had been doing good on it. I had small flare ups but nothing to big.

Then about the beginning of August (this year) i started to feel bloated and having cramps. I was having a hard time passing stool and didn't have much of a appetite. I didn't really think much of it and just let it go and didn't go to the doctor.

Well, guess what! It was my Crohn's flaring up like crazy! I had a CT Scan on September 22. Only 3 hours after i had it done my GI called me and told me to go the nearest ER. I called my mom to let her know what was going on and she informed me that my sister was being induced to have her baby that night in Owosso. I was heart broken that i didn't get to see her give birth to my niece.

I ended up going to Sparrow Hospital and was admitted. They started pumping fluids & Antibiotics into me. Little did i know, i had a nice size Abscess in my small intestine. I think i saw like 10 doctors and got poked with needles more times than I want to count. The GI doctor at the Hospital wanted me to stay a couple more days to do blood work, but the surgeon said there was no reason for me to stay at the hospital when I could talk the antibiotics at home. I ended up leaving Sunday afternoon and going home.

They gave me three weeks of Cypro & Flagyl. I took it all and it made me feel a hell of a lot better. Now a month later, i am feeling so much better and allowed to start eating normal food again. This time i am staying away from the fried food, mountain dew and everything else that doesn't agree with me. I am going to be so careful. I have so much support from my Husband and family, I am so glad for that!

I hope that i will never have to go threw that again. I know that my story is nothing compared to some of the stories that i read on this forum and my heart goes out to all of you that are battling this with much more pain and frustration.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: Lindsey.. glad you found your way here. Cipro and Flagyl are the only drugs that help me anymore. Abscesses are common and not to be taken lightly, if they burst not a good thing. I can't guarantee you won't go throught at again and keeping on a maintenance drug keeps it at bay. Pentasa is a mild to moderate drug and that should help inflammation. Diet does help but not the do all, everyone is different. Having stress in your life is best to be eliminated.

I saw your signature at the bottom of your post, you were born deaf in the left ear. So was I and now that I am older (shhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone :shifty-t:) lol.. I have only about 40% in the right. My mother was in her first trimester with Rubella (German Measels) so I am lucky. Apparently I heard that also is a risk for Crohns disease too but my brother has UC and my sister has Crohns colitis and my mom is RH Factor blood type, so I think it is in the genes.

Glad have joined us, hope to see you around!:smile:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I have Crohn's but I guess one one lucky thing is *knocks on wood* I am not a bleeder where my sibs do. Had it for 20 diagnosed but symptoms since I was about 15.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! Boy, good thing you got that CT scan and went straight to the ER. I am glad you are feeling a lot better. I think staying away from unfriendly foods for a while would be a smart idea. It isn't worth it.

I hope you have a FULL recovery soon.

Hi there Lindsey and welcome to the forum, was browsing through the forum and was reading your story, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Derek 48 Dublin Ireland, Diagnosed Crohn's 1995, i can relate totally to what you were saying about your Abscess, i think any type of Abscess is bad, i personally had perennial Abscess and also Fissure and Fistula, all very painful so like i said i can relate to you. Sorry you missed the birth of your sisters baby, it's good to read that you have good family support unit from your husband, i get the same support from my wife and i know i'd be lost without her. Anyhoo, i'd better shut shop here and stop babbling, hope you continue to get and stay well. God bless.

Derek
Diagnosed Crohns 1995
Colo Rectal Surgery Sept 2nd 2011
Meds Imuran 100mg
MST 10mg BD
Oxynorm 10mg PRN

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi there Lindsey and welcome to the forum, was browsing through the forum and was reading your story, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Derek 48 Dublin Ireland, Diagnosed Crohn's 1995, i can relate totally to what you were saying about your Abscess, i think any type of Abscess is bad, i personally had perennial Abscess and also Fissure and Fistula, all very painful so like i said i can relate to you. Sorry you missed the birth of your sisters baby, it's good to read that you have good family support unit from your husband, i get the same support from my wife and i know i'd be lost without her. Anyhoo, i'd better shut shop here and stop babbling, hope you continue to get and stay well. God bless.

Derek
Diagnosed Crohns 1995
Colo Rectal Surgery Sept 2nd 2011
Meds Imuran 100mg
MST 10mg BD
Oxynorm 10mg PRN
:welcome: Derek! Would be better if you post your journey through the YOUR STORY thread, and that way everyone can meet you!~