• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The Shakes!

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well!

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have experienced bad shakes as a side effect of any of your medication? I'm currently on 50mg aza, 25mg pred, 2000mg pentasa as well as a few antibiotics. I was admitted to hospital a few weeks for the day because I had shakes and heart palpitations, and was put on a sodium drip to bring my heart rate down.

Hospital seemed to think it was the pred causing it. But I was on 40mg then, now I'm down to 25mg surely it shouldnt still be happening? Or are shakes just a side effect of crohns in general?

Thanks for any advice!

K xx

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Yes, I have had the shakes from my medications. At one point I shook so bad that I could hardly hold a needle still enough to do my cross-stitch. I'm wondering if the shaking could be from being on too much medication. Reason why, is that I still shake some but it isn't as bad as when I was on a higher amount of medication.