• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The story of my life

• I am not native speaker so I tried my best, please forgive me if you catch any mistakes :smile: or you don't understand what I mean.

I would like to share my experience. I have crohn's disease for four years. At first, I went a lot to hospitals and sometimes I stayed in the hospital about 10 days. That effects my life and my work. Also I don't have a good care in my country. I have a scholarship and I'm studying in the US. I've been there since March 2013.On one day I got a hard pain on my belly and I screamed at all the night. I took some paracetamol and aspirin! to stop that feeling but nothing worked. So I went to the ER around 4 am on Sunday. They told me that I have a big problem in my bowel and I need surgery ,No chance to go home. The operation is about to remove the ascending colon. I stayed in the hospital for one week and also I watched the firework on the TV lol(7/4th) while I was there. In two days later I went to school. The first month was hard. In August/31st I had a colonoscopy. My doctor who did the surgery told me everything is OK. I was happy no more treble. Before the surgery I couldn’t eat any fruits or vegetables but now I can. On last November I didn't feel good so I visited my doctor and I told him that. I did gastroscopy and colonoscopy. Crohn's disease is coming. Now I have been on Cimzia for two weeks.I have taken 4 shots.However that's my life and I've got a new challenge :cool2:

Hi Saeed. Sorry you are having to deal with this, How is Cimzia working for you? I am pretty sure that when you find the right medicine for you, you can do everything the way you want. I wish you the best at school. Please let us know how your colonoscopy results are.

Well, with Cimzia I can't tell it is working very well until now I don't feel something change to better yet. I did the colonoscopy twice after the surgery, First time my doctor who did the surgery told me everything is perfect, but the second time when I felt not very well I did with other doctor, told me some bad results which are there is some Infections, and also in my stomach...

So Now I'm taking..

IMURAN 50mg (2.5 tabs daily)
LIALDA 1.2G (4 tablets daily)
Omeprazole(PRLOSEC)20mg (2 tablets daily)
Ferrous sulfate 325mg ( 2 tablets daily)
Cimzia 200mg ( I started with 2x200mg every tow weeks all fist 6 weeks then every 4 weeks.
Calcium and vitamin D

I hope you feel better soon. If you don't see the results you want, go back to your Doctor. Not all medicines work for everybody and sometimes it takes a while to find the right ones.

There are several different meds you can try...patience is another thing we have to deal with. Try to watch your diet and stress levels and give your new meds a chance to work. I hope you feel better soon :)

Sorry to hear about your illness! I admire your attitude though, that last sentence was very powerful: "However that's my life and I've got a new challenge". I also need to accept this challenge, no choice but to take it on..