• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Things about my stoma that make me laugh

My husband came home from work and I'm standing in the bathroom changing my supplies, I have a wafer stuffed in my pants against my thigh, and a ring in my bra.
He raises an eyebrow and I'm like, "What? They stick better when they're warm." He just laughed and walked in the closet.

These things don't seem weird to me because I do them so often but I suppose when someone else sees these things we do to make changing supplies easier it seems a bit odd. Lol

Terriernut

:ylol: I think that is a great idea! My partner laughs at me cause I always warm the dogs ear drops in my bra! (warm ear drops are much nicer, no?)

Put it between your pants and undies on your butt and sit on it for a min. I don't know if you would wanna use your other warm parts to warm them up lol.

When is your surgery? I see on your signature it says early 2013, any date yet?

I don't have one now, but I did have one a few years ago when I had a bowel resection. I used to find it amusing to watch it wave around as if it was sniffing the breeze.

Bob likes bananas....A LOT! He is consistently noisy after having a banana and squeaks the most then too. Sometimes I'll just sit and watch as big bubbles form. It cracks me up every time!

Terriernut

:ylol: This is probably WAYYYYYY to old for you to remember Toothy, but google: 'Tiny Bubbles' It's a song by Don Ho. (I actually sang it with him on stage once in Hawaii.

Every time I see bubbles now, I'll think of you!

Hi JennaRae, yep 20th Feb for surgery. Am actually quite looking forward to it, if a little apprehensive...
I'm glad your looking foward to it. I think you will feel much better afterwards. It's a long healing process but worth it in the end!
You'll have to let us know how your doing afterwards.