• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Things were going so well :o(

well i disnt think wed be wrighti g a thread again for a long while lewis has been doing really well amd las night he started with another abscess this one is in a different place amd is new altogether. hes been put on ciprofloxin and metronidozle but i no this is going to warrent a hospital stay i thought the i fliximab amd aza would stop or even prevent this from keep on happening his last was xmas . i really worried of what the future holds god i hate crohms right now wish this wasnt happening.x

Tesscorm

Staff member
So sorry to hear this... :( :ymad: :(

I hope the meds treat it quickly and a hospital stay isn't necessary! :ghug:

Sorry sorry you are going through this again, hope you can get it under control and no hospital stay. Sending lots of hugs :ghug:

I'm so sorry :(. It is really hard to see little ones hurting like this. I hope it heals quickly.

I had a talk with Ellie's doctor this week and he keeps telling us that there are new medications for our kids right over the horizon. Don't give up hope! Maybe one of the new ones will be your answer in the next few years.

Hi guys sorry not been on had a rough few days with Lewis , his abscess seems to have settled now , I no as soon as he stops the antibiotics it,ll come back the swelling and redness has gone so there's nothing to see on the outside now but he says he can feel it tickling , I'm so frustrated and sad for him , I thought the whole point of him being given infliximab and now taking aza was to stop the abscess,s coming back this new abscess is a completely new one , I just hope it's not developed into a fistula , his other fistula is deep and has a blind end so a septon can't be placed. I'm so concerned what the future will hold for Lewis as the worse disease is in his rectum . Sorry for moaning I'm having a bad day today lol lack of sleep and worry will send a woman crazy .haha.xx

Has the surgeon discussed any kind of surgery apart from the seton? I know there is now a new way of dealing with fistulas (although the success rate isn't really known), by using a little brush or some sort of acid to irritate the inside of the fistula to try to get the irritated skin to heal together and get rid of the need for cutting into it. Our surgeon is happy to try this on Andrew if the meds fail (although he did warn that it might not work). Might be worth speaking to them again and see if there are any more options.

Crohn's Mom

Goodness Lewis mum :(

I'm so sorry he has another abscess ~ how frustrating for the both of you!
I would think that the combo of meds would have stopped them too; or at least for longer.

Go ahead and moan away, we don't mind a bit, and you deserve it!
I hope things start turning around for him soon
:hug:

thanks ladies do u no what the procdeure is called sascot i.ll def speak to his surgeon we havs our own and he is fantastic i actually wish he was our gi he even comes and see.s lewis when hes having his infliximab to see how hes getting on . i worried about any kind of messi g about under ga incase it causes scar tissue .
and crhns mum thanks i had a good moan to his nurses yesterday there so lovely im on the phone every week with an issue or problem they always reassure me amd try there best to help but like we all no theres no cure yet for crohns just meds to help ease symptoms

has anyone else had to take metronidolze long term athe nurses said they might put him on them to stop infection reoccuring but dosnt that change the balance in the bowel causing more prob.s .x

I believe it is called VAAFT, you can do a google search for it. Andrew was on Metronidazole for about 4 months and had no side effects. I made sure he had a portion of bio-yoghurt every day and he seemed fine

Alex had 8 weeks of IV flagyl (metronidazole) and ciprfloxin via PICC line in 2011 for a 2nd fistula. Oral wasn't strong enough. It healed the fistula w/o surgery. No GI changes or complications from it, just difficult 3x/day! We started Remicade right at the end of that, then switched to Humira, and he hasn't had a new fistula (knock on wood!!).