• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Think I might have crohns.

Ok hi. Im a little nervous but ill give it a go. I have been sick with bowel problems pretty much my whole life. I have problems with using the bathroom and pain. I bleed when i go and there is mucus too. I also am always low in potassium and magnesium. I am very skinny yet i eat a lot. I went to the doctor once when i had a bad reaction to some amoxicillin and they did a ct scan on me and they said i had an 8 mm swelling of the ileum. I was having heart arythmia and trouble catching my breath. But i want to know if you think this is crohns or if you might be having the same symptoms. I feel like im wasting away and i am scared. Also i have a fissure in ano and im having it operated on tomorrow. Could that be giving me these symptoms? I am thinking it cant but i dont know for sure.

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello Cody, and welcome to the forum!
Your symptoms do sound IBD related, but you won't know for sure unless you are tested for them. Are you seeing a GI at the moment? If you aren't I would work on getting a refferal to see one as soon as possible,
You said that you had swelling in your ileum, was there ever any further tests done or were you given something to bring down the inflamation?
You said that your potassium and magnesium are always low, do you know how the rest of your levels come out? (iron, B12, vitamin D etc)
Have you had any other blood tests done?
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, let me know how it goes when you can!

I agree with afidz...you need more information. Your symptoms do sound like some IBD, but with out more testing it is hard to know exactly what the problem is. Find a GI doctor and tell him/her your symptoms. It sounds like a colonoscopy would give everyone more information.

I home your fissure is taken care of tomorrow. I have had one once before and it was horrible. I hope you are feeling better soon, too.

Keep us posted...
Lisa

Ok. A little update. It's february 2/16/2013 and i had my operation and the pain has much improved but i still have bloody mucus and have actually lost more weight since i have had the operation but i feel better and worse. Like the pain is less but i am more fatigued, plus i am extremely constipated. I am scheduled to see my gi doctor for a follow up visit on the 21 so we'll see what he says.