• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

This was my GI doc for the last 4 months.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2007/05/dr_no_good.php

and I thought "Rosenberg" would be a safe name ;)

I think the case is ongoing still, and he's still practicing it seems. On friday I printed the article out, took it to my general practitioner, and told him on top of the fact this guy sits me down in an office and doesn't even examine me for sessions, he's also being indicted. There's only one other GI doc in my current health plan's network and I figured how much worse could I do? Maybe this new guy will order blood work or even weigh me when I see him.

Good for a laugh though. How's everybody doing this weekend?

-Drew

Nah I live in Hollywood, but beverly hills isn't far.

He actually told me there's no need to do another colonoscopy "Because we already know you have crohns".

My gut has been up and down the last 5 or so months and I've gotten no help. Calling new guy monday to see when he can schedule me, probably in 2011.

I am an insurance fraud investigator. When I read the story I can tell you exactly how this works. These guys start off on a small scale but as they make more and more money the get greedier and greedier and that is thier eventual downfall. That is how the end up getting caught. Because the get a taste for the money and get sloppy. The number of procedures and alleged procedure done on the weekends finally triggered the red flag that brought the whole thing down.

There is one guarantee for me though. I will never run out of work.

I love "you don't need another colonoscopy, we already know you have crohn's." WOW

Your doctor also for some reason went to Medical school in Mwxico which is another red flag. I sure hope your new doc it good to and for you.

Ann

Wow. I am shocked. He claimed to do 22 surgeries on a saturday but did not want to do a colonoscopy on you? Gah

I suppose the best thing is now you know. You can get better care without wondering.

Hope you are doing OK.

Gad! This brings back memories. When in college I was having symptoms with ulcerative colitis in the sigmoid colon & rectum, and was referred to a GI doc by the college health service. He ordered an air-contrast barium enema X-ray. It was extremely painful. I went back to to GI, and it turned out the radiologists neglected to do the air contrast, so the data was pretty useless for looking at the lining of the colon. But the doc said casually "You've told me you've had UC for over ten years, so we need to take out your colon. We'll give you a colostomy and you'll be fine. I'll schedule the surgery."

No other tests, no examinations, no proctoscopies, no endoscopies, nothing. Just "We need to rip out your colon."

This was the kind of doctor who never listened. He'd ask a question that required a complex answer. I'd begin to answer and he'd interrupt and ask another question.

After a lot of thought (crying, commiserating with my girlfriend, etc.), I said "F&&k this, I ain't doin' it." I never saw that doctor again. And thank goodness. Two years later, I was properly diagnosed as having Crohn's, not UC. So ripping out my entire colon (when only the very end has the problem) would have been the height of stupidity.

And 30 years later, I still have my colon.

Bad docs are out there -- be careful.

Sandy

Dx 1963
Now on:
Asacol
Azathioprine
Rowasa
Budesonide (sprinkled lightly in Rowasa, shaken, not stirred)
Folic acid

Other stuff for:
Seizure disorder
Hypertension
GERD
Depression (Probably due to corticosteroids)
Glaucoma (Probably due to corticosteroids)
Osteopenia (Probably due to corticosteroids)

Well I got my referral for this new guy. I will be seeing him on january 4th so not too far off. My crohns isn't horrible right now but its very up and down, a few days of pain, a few days of relative ease, a few days of pain again. I'm fearing that for the first time certain foods are activating pain as well so I have been trying to be good, but I've had no answers for a while.

Question: If you eat something that messes you up, what is the wait time? I had a strawberry banana smoothie on friday at 1 and around 9ish I began having some pain. That jive sound like a reaction to the smoothie? Thanks!